Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nice day for a (700 mile) Sunday drive

I got up at my usual early hour and checked the weather. Cold, but not down to freezing where I was, and very dry. One good thing about cold fronts, unless it brings rain it tends to be very low humidity and dries things up.

I drove and drove, stopping in Weatherford, Texas to fuel and shower. Then I drove a bit further down I-20 and just before I angled off of it up towards Lubbock, I visited a super Wal-Mart to stock up the pantry and fridge. Got lots of good food, but they sure were out of most of the veggies and fruits I like to eat. Perhaps I need to widen my food horizons.

The timing worked perfectly. I rolled into Roswell, New Mexico at 5:30 which was right at the end of my driving day. I made my way to the local truck stop and shut her down for the night. Parked next to another CFI driver who has been here waiting for more than a day for his next load, after he brought a load of beer down from Colorado. Ominous.