Saturday, December 15, 2007

Shreveport, Louisiana

Early this morning I picked up a new trailer at a beer plant in Cartersville, Georgia. I had the empty trailer I dropped there for a week or so, which is unusual at CFI.

Beer loads are notoriously heavy, and this one is no exception. With the 46,500 pounds of cargo on board my truck weighs in at 78,500 pounds. Fortunately, my route across the southern states is mostly flat so the weight isn't as much of a bother as it normally is.

The drive today was easy, it being a Saturday. I took care of about half of the 1,250 mile journey and I have tomorrow and Monday morning to finish the rest. However, I overheard a Louisiana State Trooper discussing the weather when I shut down, saying it was likely going to freeze here overnight and there is quite a lot of water on the road from the heavy rains. Fun, fun.