Friday, November 2, 2007

The Secret Mission

I made it to Joplin ahead of schedule, got the rig inspected only to find the trailer had a very interesting air suspension problem... one of the four air bags had been knocked loose during the trip and somehow managed to remain inflated. I will upload pics later when I get to civilization someplace with broadband.

The trailer got dropped off for repairs and I took care of fueling and cleaning my tractor so I will be ready to go on Monday. May as well "spend" that time now since my hours will reset, than spend them next week.

I rented what is perhaps the most soulless automobile ever... a 2007 Honda Civic. It is about as fun to drive as watching paint dry -- I'm serious, the best part of the cockpit was watching the digital fuel display dropping as I drove.


View Larger Map

I decided to make an overnight trip up to Omaha, Nebraska on a (for now) secret mission. Details in a few months, perhaps.

I'm back in Joplin now for a couple day's rest at the Holiday Inn then back to the truck on Sunday to reorganize and toss out some junk.