Monday, November 5, 2007

Another high value load

As soon as I got on the board this morning I was presented with my load choices. I could:
  • Pick up a load tonight in Coffeeville, Kansas from the Amazon.com warehouse there and deliver it to Kentucky in a few days.
  • Take one of a number of loads up to Ontario, Canada.
  • Take a high value load.
After a full ten milliseconds of careful thought I took the high value load. Because of this my whereabouts will not be displayed for a few days until I'm at my destination.



Odd thing with the trailer: it is one of our newer trailers with the large super-single tires, like our tractors. Three of the four tires were the kind you put on a trailer (almost full rubber across the tire with a couple deep grooves in the middle), but the fourth was one of the ones we put on tractors. So, I had to go by the tire shop to have them take off that one and put on a trailer tire.

My tractor got a lot of TLC in the repair shop this time... new wiper blades installed, an air leak fixed, both of my fuel tanks rotated so the caps aren't vertical and the batteries swapped out with new ones. They looked at the alternator and charging system and those were the only weak links. You can say many things about CFI, but most people would be hard pressed to find fault with the maintenance.