Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Off to Joplin

I am commanded to turn south and take a load from our Lancaster, Texas terminal up to Joplin for my home time. Due to the delay between getting unloaded and being dispatched I would have just enough time to rush to Joplin before my 14 hour clock expired, assuming no delays.

However, the load has been here for a while and doesn't need to deliver until Monday, November 5th, up in Ohio so local dispatch will let me run it tomorrow. This has the salutary effect of giving me time to do laundry, take a nice long shower, go grab a steak and relax then head out first thing in the morning. Oh, it also means my home time won't "officially" start until Friday which saves me a day... not like I need an extra one though.

This time I will take the "official" CFI back route along highways 69 and 75, just for kicks, like this:


View Larger Map