Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Made in China

This morning over 1,300 packages were offloaded between the two stops I made. I watched most of the second unload and out of the 770 or so they got, less than 10% didn't have "Made in China" stamped on the box. This isn't unique to Linens & Things: it was the same when I did those Michael's stores a few months ago.

I'm not a huge rah-rah "buy American or else" type guy but it is a bit unsettling to see the gigantic flows of products from outside our borders, through local stores then into homes across our nation.

Anyway, I'm empty now and waiting for my next dispatch. I couldn't stand running my truck all last night so I took a chance and went five hours off, then started around 0100 for an hour, then left it off until my first unload. I can't wait until they fix my battery issue and, eventually, I get an APU on the truck that I drive.