Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Denver bound

Over the weekend I got to see the Kiwis (Mike and Tracy) before they took off for their maiden voyage in his new red racer. They got assigned a 22xxx series truck which is a year newer than mine. I'm sure they won't be disappointed with it. I also saw Croc and got to sit for half a day in Operations watching fleet managers do their stuff. No pictures, alas.

I got on the board first thing Monday morning and it turns out I was 20th. Late in the morning I took care of stocking my truck and returning my rental car as I slowly made my way up the list to be dispatched. Just after 4 PM the call finally came and I picked from a bunch of kinda yucky loads and chose one to Denver, Colorado.


It turns out the load originates at the Leggett and Platt factory in nearby Carthage, Missouri. I loaded there once before during the winter -- took five hours on the dock. When I arrived this morning I found out that a trailer was already pre-positioned and was in the process of being loaded so my 7 AM loading time will likely mean an 8:30 AM or 9:00 AM departure.

The load instructions show it arriving in Denver on Thursday the 16th which is a day too long for the actual drive time, so I will arrive early and try to get unloaded on Wednesday.