Friday, July 6, 2007

50 degrees

As I made my way across northern Arizona on I-40 the temperatures climbed to 105. Near Flagstaff clouds gathered and lightning flashed, and the temperature dropped to 55 degrees. A 50 degree drop in less than an hour's travel.

I'm stopped in Holbrook, AZ after having driven 625 miles today. A very good driving day given that half of that time was in California. Speaking of California, I found one of my trailer tires almost flat with a nail in it this morning. The friendly folks at the tire shop next door to the Pilot in Lost Hills fixed that in about 30 minutes, but it seems the upper trailer marker lights were not wanting to work that early in the morning either. A short trip down to the T/A in Buttonwillow and I got that fixed. On the way there I was almost hit by not one but two vehicles running the same red light from different directions! Ah, California.