Sunday, July 8, 2007

Childress, TX and its Wal-Mart

For the first time ever, I spent the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I was on state highway 287 in Texas between Amarillo and the DFW metroplex and I was out of supplies when I saw this Wal-Mart pop up on the right side of the road. They even had directions to the proper entry for big rigs and RVs!

When I got into the parking lot I was amazed to find even more signs pointing to Big Rig and RV overnight parking!! Needless to say, I scooted over to the appropriate spot in record time and did my shopping then holed up for the night.

At the moment I'm at our terminal in Lancaster, TX fueling and doing laundry. I will be driving into the wilds of Louisiana this afternoon, perhaps all the way to Lafayette. Lots of hot, humid, rainy weather ahead and a light load in the box.