Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two U-turns to Albuquerque

I delivered at the second Home Depot late last night. For some reason this dock was a blind side back as well, but it was easier to get in to due to more room in front of the dock. The manager liked the fact that I was early (due to arriving early at my previous stop) so they could finish up and go home.

Afterwards I made my way about ten miles north to our authorized fuel stop in the area. After taking the offramp, I set up for a left turn only to find the underpass was a 13' 9" tall single lane! Just as I arrived another truck was entering the other side so I backed up and let him through. It was a bit nerve wracking making a wide enough turn to make sure the trailer didn't scrape as I entered, but eventually I got through to the other side and found a spot to shut down.

This morning I got assigned a load of Pepsi products going from Denver to Albuquerque. I have to retrace my steps almost exactly from yesterday -- the place I'm picking up is a few miles from the Home Depot I first delivered at. The satellite system warns me it will be a heavy load, which is unfortunate given I'm in Colorado and will be going to New Mexico. Lots of hill climbing today.