Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Dropped then be-bopped

Dropped the load early (given my revised ETA) in Iola, KS then got deadheaded to Joplin for work... work on my truck as it turns out. There was a recall for my model's fan shroud and the Kenworth guys took it into a bay and had their way with it for several hours. I also got my AC topped off (they have a cool little R2D2 looking thing that handles that -- I thought they would insert some freon and kick me out the door).

Got on the board this morning as #21 here, but local dispatch says it is s-s-slow here, so don't hold my breath to get out today. Hopefully once I clear the terminal I'll get some better runs than what I've been doing lately.

Although, I do have to say... between that run to Iola and the subsequent deadhead I am, again, at 5,500 miles for this last pay period. It is eerie how often my miles fall between 5,500 and 5,599.