Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Onward to... another terminal?!?

Yes, its true. This afternoon I got dispatched deadhead from Joplin to our terminal in West Memphis, AR. After a six hour drive I arrive to find exactly one load waiting; so much for choice at terminals. Tomorrow I depart for someplace in Ohio. Needs to be there by 11 AM the following day, which is doable for the 630 or so miles the load entails.

The drive to West Memphis had a couple interesting qualities. First, there was a six-car smashup just inside Arkansas on I-540 which I rolled up on minutes after it happened. All four wheelers this time. Second, there was a time tonight when I was making a gentle left turn when I glanced out my driver side mirror to see a string of about a dozen trucks following me, almost evenly spaced. It looked like a galaxy of lights in a way.