Sunday, April 29, 2007

I knew I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque...

Well, I made it to Oklahoma City, OK as I planned, though now I realize I made a small boo boo. It would have been a shorter route to go through the Dallas / Fort Worth on I-35 west instead of east. By habit I turned to the eastbound side and went up to our terminal in Lancaster to take on fuel. Oh well, live and learn. The real optimum route would have been to go up several state highways from the DFW area to where they intersect I-44 in Oklahoma but the out-of-route miles going my way aren't too bad, to me at least.

There was a severe wreck on southbound I-35 in southern Oklahoma which had traffic on both sides tied up, but the southbound traffic was being diverted to side roads. I took some pics which I will post eventually. Four wheeler lost control, crashed into a truck with a skateboard, it went over a guard rail, that kind of thing.

View all Oklahoma Crash pics