Monday, April 23, 2007

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure

For lunch today I had a pouch of hickory smoked tuna; appropriate, considering I had just passed the birthplace of President Andrew Jackson -- "Old Hickory" as he was known. The reason I mention this is because of an interesting observation I made regarding my cat. I often share bits and pieces of tuna, ham and such with her (well, she insists, really) and occasionally something she eats doesn't sit well and up comes the contents of her stomach. Usually either on top of something valuable or in a spot that is difficult to access.

I've noticed that if I follow the tuna or ham with one of her Whiskas treats she likes so much she doesn't toss her cookies. Or if she does, its in a place I have yet to see, which isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

On a related note, her automatic cat water dish is teaching me to be a better driver. The water is only a half inch or so below the lip of the dish, so any sudden movement can cause a bit or a lot to spill. The "back" side of the dish is high enough this isn't a problem so I have that side facing forward, so braking isn't a problem. I used to have a problem with taking turns a bit too rapidly, given the load in the box. This isn't much of a problem any more.