Monday, April 23, 2007

East to North Carolina

My satellite buzzer went off just after 6 AM this morning and I schlepped inside to see what was available to run. Basically, a crappy short run, a really crappy 1,000ish mile run with two drops that was a high value load with no time to spare, and a load of soap going to a Proctor and Gamble facility in North Carolina. That ended up being the winner.

Realizing I had to drive through morning rush hour in Memphis I grabbed the trailer, fueled, pretripped and got out of there in a hurry. I was rolling by 7 AM and fortunately the bulk of the morning traffic was going the other way and there were no traffic jams. There was a guy in a tan minivan who decided he really, really needed to take an offramp he had just passed and did a bit of off roading to get up on to it.

There was enough rain along the way to clean off the windshield, which is always nice.

I'm parked tonight at a smallish TA truck stop just inside North Carolina. I barely have internet connectivity here; probably not surprising given the rural nature of this area.