Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shorted


View Larger Map

I delivered my load first thing in the morning in Ontario, California and was given a trip from there down to Calexico, California. A whopping 199 miles.

CFI seems to switch drop yards fairly frequently. In my 15 months with them, our Atlanta yard has switched locations several times and Calexico has changed at least once. Naturally, the address given for the new yard has the wrong town (it is listed as being in Calexico, but it is really north of there in the town of Heber).

I was out of hours on my 14 yesterday when I got in so our crack team at HQ asked when I would be ready. I messaged back saying I would love a load leaving early in the morning, but when I called in this morning they took it to mean I would be ready to get on the board, not leave. Now I'm 15th and not entirely happy about it. As good a reason as any to chat with my dispatcher when she gets in to work.