Thursday, January 3, 2008

605 miles behind me

Last night, I ended up just south of Montgomery, Alabama. The only city between me and my destination of any concern, traffic-wise, was Houston so I resolved to drive as far as possible today so as to get up very early tomorrow and blow through there before the morning delays begin.

I drove and drove, finishing the rest of Alabama, then a short jaunt across Mississippi, then the entire state of Louisiana from east to west, making good time. Finally, just east of Houston I wrapped it up for today with 605 miles behind me and an easy cruise for my last 300 miles or so tomorrow morning.

My left fender light fell off several times today, forcing me to get more creative and determined with my ghetto duct taping skills. It was freezing or colder all of yesterday and even here in Houston it is barely in the 40s in the middle of the afternoon.