Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pop goes the tire

Not mine, thankfully.

I went over to the local Proctor & Gamble plant where I was to pick up and it turns out the trailer was ready early so they let me have it early this morning. I boogied on up the road to just inside South Carolina when I heard a "pop" sound, which had to be fairly loud and nearby for me to hear inside my truck.

Myself and another truck driver pulled off at the next exit and inspected our trucks. Luckily for me, it was one of his trailer tires that had given up the ghost. I told him where the next truck stop with a repair shop was located and we both moved out again.

I was originally planning to drive the entire way to West Virginia today, to attempt to both pick up and deliver the load before the original pick up time (snarky, I know). Unfortunately, a couple hours short of the goal my rear was starting to squawk so I'm calling it a night in Virginia. Turns out our folks in the rear with the gear at HQ don't even know if they are open Sundays.