Wednesday, December 5, 2007

C-c-cold and its snowing...

I found Du Quion, Illinois this morning (the plant itself was easy to find) and got offloaded at a good pace. Soon enough I was closing the doors and motoring over to East St Louis, Illinois to rendezvous with the truck bringing me the relay load I discuss below. It turns out that I will be dropping this trailer at our new Kansas City, Missouri drop yard and a team will be taking it the rest of the way (and getting the bulk of the miles, naturally).

There were dozens of nails left in the floor of the trailer and a variety of planks and other debris. At least it wasn't snowing inside the trailer while I was yanking up the nails and sweeping... though it wasn't any warmer out. I hope this trailer I'm getting is fairly heavy, as there is a good wind blowing.