Monday, October 29, 2007

Small pilot

Last night I shut down at the smallest Pilot with parking that I've yet seen... it had about a dozen straight parking spots in the back and that was it. Luckily, I was there early and had my pick.

Overnight I tried nursing my batteries by shutting off the truck for three hours then running it for one, then shutting down for another three. It was easily cool enough to shut down (I awoke to 38 degrees outside) but with the problems I've been having with starting my truck I didn't want to take chances.

It turns out, waking up every few hours for an hour then trying to get back to sleep doesn't give me a good night's sleep, so the truck will be running until I get back to Joplin later this week. Yes, I'm highlighted for the first time in over a month.

I'm at the consignee for this load, haven been given the easiest dock they have to back in to... they have 12 docks side-by-side and a lonely 13th dock off to the side, perpendicular to the rest, where I'm parked at with an easy straight back. Yay for me, for a change. High speed internet here too... yum.

Turns out the load consists of ten huge rolls of paper product for boxes and such; each is roughly ten feet tall and six feet wide, stacked on their sides.