Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Plano, Texas is quite possibly douchebag central

So I have to make a tight left turn from a busy street on to a side street running behind my consignee and there is a lone male in one of the many sports cars in the area waiting to cross the street from my left. Because of the tightness of my turn, he is forced to adjust his schedule by at least 15 but no more than 20 seconds and back up about a car's length so I don't run him over, as I wait patiently in said busy intersection.

He manages to accomplish this driving feat on the second try and as I'm carefully watching my trailer swing to ensure his car, and life, remain intact he rolls down his window and gives me the universal signal that I am #1 to him. If I was half my age and one-third my IQ I would have set my brakes and kicked him up a notch.

Then, I make it into the parking lot behind my designated Linens and Things store and here is another punk in a grey mustang (not the classic, the lame new one they came up with) who is unhappy my backing maneuver is costing him precious seconds. He revs up his obviously-unmuffled beater engine over and over to show me who's boss. With that many distractions so quickly, he's lucky I didn't inadvertently slip into the wrong gear and put a ding in his hood.

Anyway, I made it, I'm backed to their dock and the store manager tells me it is no problem for me to spend the night where I am. Better, this strip mall place I'm at has a couple restaurants so I may just have a real, honest-to-goodness sit down meal tonight. Yum.