Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New York, New York

After I was unloaded this morning, instructions were sent to grab a load in Carthage, Missouri bound for Depew, New York, a suburb of Buffalo. Unfortunately, the source for this load is the dreaded Leggett and Platt warehouse that I have been to twice before, with an average wait time of five hours to be loaded.

I don't have many hours in my log book today and I won't be able to get very far if I get out of here this afternoon, anyway, because my Hours of Service clock has been ticking since I got unloaded this morning in Springfield. Plus, my truck needs to be sent over to the local Kenworth dealer in nearby Joplin to have an engine sensor problem fixed and, with any luck, my driver's door re-aligned so it is easier to shut and keep shut.

Anyway, this is the route if I end up running it:


View Larger Map