Thursday, October 18, 2007

Driver Assist

Driver assist is the term used when we help unload a trailer. You may remember from here and here the last time I helped on three unloads but was denied payment for my work because I didn't use the proper procedure. You can bet I documented it very well this time.

This load of office furniture is at the same stop as the very first driver unload I did for CFI. In the almost eleven months I've been driving, I've done a total of five driver assist unloads. None of them were a problem for me, or would be for anyone in decent shape.

In this case, the assist came in the form of moving boxes around in the back of the trailer so the forklift operator could grab them between the pincers on his equipment and drag them out.

After my morning workout I hit the road and departed Tampa towards Orlando. On the way I pulled over at a truck stop to wait for the traffic to die down in front of me, as I'm not due to arrive at the final consignee until 1300 local time.