Thursday, September 6, 2007

Saluda, North Carolina

Try finding it on a (non computerized) map. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Anyway, that is where I am shut down for the night. Today's drive was much easier than yesterday's and I'm just under 200 miles away from my destination, though most of that distance will be over smaller state highways.

It rained much of the day as I crossed Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. I grew up where it rained a lot so driving in rain has never felt difficult to me, and today was no difference. Hauling this heavy load in the 55 MPH zone on the eastern side of Tennessee and the western part of North Carolina did try my patience then, as the gearing of my truck isn't set to maintain that speed very well unless the ground is level, which it definitely isn't.