Monday, September 24, 2007

Off and running hard...ly

So I get back on the board yesterday morning before 7 AM, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. As soon as I get to my truck and start her up, my satellite unit comes to life and I have a message from the shop: she needs maintenance. Why this wasn't taken care of in the three days I was taking off is beyond mortal ken.

I wait and wait and wait for the shop and finally around 3 PM my truck is taken in and an hour later pronounced hale and hearty. Back on the board and eventually around 9 PM I get told to take a trailer from the yard up to Jefferson City, Missouri because the tractor that brought it in (from its nice long run) was broke and someone needed to step up and cover it. Lucky me.


View Larger Map

A whopping 206 miles later and 1 AM I arrive to await my 7 AM unload.