Friday, September 7, 2007

Arrived and not ready to go

It is Friday afternoon and traffic along the I-95 and I-20 corridors was congested. I asked to be allowed an extra hour to pick up this trailer but the Powers That Be demanded I arrive no later than 1800 hours local time. This meant I had to fuel in a hurry in Florence, South Carolina and pass up my favorite truck stop deal: the 20 ounce ribeye for $9.99 deal at the Petro, also in Florence. This business is damned inconvenient sometimes.

I arrived ahead of schedule despite my gnawing hunger pains and swapped my empty trailer for one full of tires. The left side of the trailer is bulging out an impressive amount; I wonder if I will get pulled over by a cop someplace to be questioned about it.

Since I started my day at 0400 my time, my 14 hour clock runs out at 1800 my time, or 1900 local time since I'm on the east coast. I know, its confusing, but basically I had enough time to get the load and head over to the local truck stop to park it for the night.

Tomorrow I motor up towards Illinois along something resembling this route:


View Larger Map