Saturday, September 8, 2007

640 miles behind me

I drove and drove and drove today, stopping only briefly in Paducah, Kentucky to refuel. I was inside eating some Subway when the clouds unleashed a huge downpour; naturally my truck was at the far end of the lot. After ten minutes or so the majority of the rain was on the ground and I got back to the truck mostly dry.

I asked to have my delivery rescheduled from 0500 tomorrow to 0900 and my (dispatcher) friend Turtle Bob happened to be working my fleet this afternoon and told me it was done. Nice having friends in high places.

My destination is about 120 miles up the road, which I will knock out first thing in the morning. Hopefully the rain inundating southwestern Missouri won't have flooded out St. Louis, as I have to cross it at least once tomorrow.