Saturday, August 18, 2007

Okay, who's the wise guy who dispatched me through the hurricane?

It turns out there was kind of a smallish hurricane or tropical depression that hit Texas in the past 24-48 hours and it is still dumping a lot of rain in the central section that I have to cross to get to Tennessee. For a couple hours today I saw lots of ditches filled with water, some of the side roads flooded out and even a few spots along the interstate that had standing water.

I eventually made my way to Weatherford, Texas for the night and managed to fuel right behind a very inconsiderate driver who decided to eat his Wendy's "lunch" on the fuel island, blocking those of us behind him in. It was only 15 minutes or so after I was done fueling but I'm sure people behind me wanted to get done and leave, and I just wanted to call it a night. Which is what I'm doing now.