Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Okay, I admit it... I'm a bit of a gadget freak

The wait between loads seems to be long today so I decided to go around and get all of my "rechargeable" devices recharged and to rearrange some electrical connections in my truck. I knew I had quite a few electronic devices along for the ride with me, but would you believe this list?
  • Two laptops (one about a year old, one about three years old)
  • Two cameras (one digital SLR, one point-and-shoot)
  • Two external hard drives
  • Cell phone
  • Bluetooth ear piece for cell phone
  • Two shavers (down from four... hey, I was replacing some old ones!)
  • One electronic shaver cleaner (Braun -- does a fantastic job, too!)
  • Toaster
  • Large Coleman Cooler
  • Small Roadpro Cooler (works poorly)
  • Roadpro "Tornado" fan (powerful, but sounds like jet engine at close range)
  • Roadpro electronic blanket (still in packaging)
  • MP3 player
  • MP3/MP4 player (videos)
  • GPS
  • Multi-function printer
  • Small label printer (organize much?)
  • Dirt Devil handheld vacuum
  • CB Radio
Note that this does not include all the cables, and accessories like four pairs of varied headphones / earbuds, various cartridges to keep things running (printer ink, shaver cleaner, etc.) my inverter or power distribution hub or separate devices plugged into other electronic devices like my Sprint broadband card that I leave plugged into my main laptop.

I don't have a TV because I get all my shows from my Tivo and watch on either my laptop or MP4 player (the excellent Creative Zen Vision: W 60 gig model). I have considered getting a microwave, but if I went that route I would want to replace my large cooler with a fridge and I don't have the space unless I keep the upper bunk down all the time.

Do I need to attend Gadgets Anonymous meetings now?