Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Delivering Staples

Yesterday afternoon I was given the second half of a relay load from Alabama to deliver this morning in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I drove about 75% of the way then called it a night in Russellville, Arkansas and finished up the rest this morning.

I had thought the load was inventory for a Staples store but as it turns out the store is under construction and the contents of the load were things like shelving for the displays. Another driver had arrived shortly before I did but I ended up unloading first, which took about an hour. The backing was interesting, cutting across a neighboring lot then doing a slight blind-side back into a single dock arranged like a "V" so there wasn't any real fixed point of reference for the back.

I'm back on the board and getting caught up on my favorite shows I Tivoed.