Friday, July 13, 2007

Nogales, maybe

After picking up the empty trailer and waiting around the buzzer went off and I find myself with a trip back to Laurens, SC to the same plant I dropped a trailer at earlier to get a load of tires to take to Nogales, AZ -- a nice 2,000 mile trip with the deadhead. So, I pull up anchor and make my way back up I-20 and I-26 and I-395 to the Michelin plant, drop my new empty trailer and wander inside to talk with shipping.

Turns out their operation is vying with Quick 'n Tasty for "Most Dysfunctional Shipping and Receiving 2007" as the load I was supposed to have received was somehow allowed out of the gate, past a security guard who allegedly checks documents, on another earlier CFI truck. So, pantloads of thanks to the shipping department, the gate guard and the elusive Double PantloadTM to the driver who took the wrong load and didn't bother checking his paperwork.

Spoke with my dispatcher, our people and their people, be patient let's see, yada yada.