Friday, July 13, 2007

Finally finished

After about five hours and a short drive to a second warehouse, my truck was unloaded and I headed a few miles away to the nearest truck stop. It happened to be a Pilot and the restaurant was a McDonalds.

I mention this because I haven't eaten anything but a yearly McMuffin at Micky Dees in probably at least twenty years. I steeled my bowels and tried one of their Premium Chicken Sandwiches. I think I can wait for a couple more decades now before the urge will strike again.

Late in the afternoon I got dispatched for a very early morning dropoff of my empty trailer at a Michelin plant in Laurens, SC then a bobtail south about 100 miles to a Bridgestone plant to pick up an empty. I did as I was told, but when I showed up at the Bridgestone plant they wouldn't let me in because they said they have no empties. Our dispatch shows a dozen trailers of ours inside. Our people are talking with their people, yada yada. Wouldn't even let me park there while it gets straigtened out, either.

UPDATE: After a while they had me return to the Bridgestone plant and pick up an empty. Later, as I was on the phone to my dispatcher, I asked her what the Liar Liar Pants on Fire code for my satellite unit was, as there were at least a half dozen empty CFI trailers there.