Monday, July 23, 2007

Being of Good Humor

This afternoon I got back on the board for a load and after a few hours I got called in by local dispatch to take a look at the loads available. Dregs, mostly. Three to Illinois, one to Missouri (three days to deliver in the same state, yetch), one to Colorado over three days, one to Canada and one to Massachusetts. I eventually decided on the Massachusetts load because I haven't spent much time in the northeast and while it is over 1,400 miles, it doesn't deliver until Friday morning. So, even though I will be traveling through slow states like Illinois and Indiana to get there, I have plenty of time.

The load is coming from a factory across the street from our Joplin headquarters. If I remember correctly, it is some sort of roofing material. It is going to a Good Humor plant in Massachusetts. Hopefully not for their product.

With a bit of luck I'll unload first thing Friday morning and get a hellacious run over the weekend. Probably to Laredo.