Sunday, May 20, 2007

On the road again...

After two days off I'm ready to rumble. Got up early this morning and phoned in to dispatch and they got me running: first, a deadhead down to Otay Mesa to pick up a trailer, then orders to run it 120 miles north up to LA to deliver first thing tomorrow morning. Not much in the way of miles, but they did promise another load that leaves here directly after that goes to Texas. They neglected to mention there will be three stops in Texas, but I consider that an oversight.

Drove up I-15 to Ontario, CA and parked at the same TA I've been at before. Fuel is a bit low so I might have to take on a smidge tomorrow at Palm Springs to get me across the border into Arizona for slightly less expensive fuel.

Had the cat in for a lube and oil change (blood and urine work). The vet's office called me this morning to let me know everything looked good except for relatively low white blood cell count. Nothing I can do about it, and the recommendation is to get it checked again in a month to see if it is something temporary. Blaze is not entirely thrilled with this prospect.