Thursday, May 17, 2007

Damned San Diego

I got up at 3 AM my time this morning so I could make a quick run to the Nogales Super Wal-Mart to resupply. It was quite busy, given that it was 1 AM local time. I guess a lot of folks work odd hours.

Then I found our drop lot in town and to say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. There was no gate and no guard so anyone with a semi could just waltz in a grab a trailer. I'm not sure why CFI (and presumably other companies) put up with this arrangement.

Anyway, found my trailer, dropped off my empty and hooked the new one. Found the license plate light was defective. Ran back by the local Pilot and found out how to change one, mostly by trial and error.

After 8.5 hours of driving I arrived in Vista, CA and got the load of windows unloaded. Then I got deadheaded back down to Otay Mesa to drop the trailer, then back up to San Marcos to take my time off. I will be back on Sunday so until then drive safe!

Oh, the reasons San Diego is damned? First, the traffic is horrendous! And yes, I lived here for a number of years in the 1990s. Second, the weather is... well, its about low to mid 70's today, light cloud cover, birds chirping...