Thursday, May 24, 2007

It gets better and better!

I went over the delivery documents this morning and discovered I have a fourth stop, in McKinney, TX. Then, I fueled up and drove over to my first stop in Cedar Hills only to find a tight back into a single dock.

The Michael's people were pleasant enough to deal with and I got unloaded in about an hour. It was two pallets of shrink-wrapped stuff holding back hundreds of smaller boxes of other items on the floor. Apparently all four deliveries are like this.


After driving about 25 miles I found my second stop. I'm guessing they have you deliver in this sequence so the docks get progressively tougher. This one was a very special blind-side single dock with concrete walls close in on both sides. As you can see in the picture, there is the nice, open, welcoming dock on the left... which isn't the one I need to get to. Instead, I need to get to the closed-in one on the right. They are due to unload me at 8 AM and I don't have to be at my next stop until 11 AM so I will wait a while and miss some of the traffic before I go.

View All Vicious Attack Cat pics
Blaze is, as you can see, doing her best to help out in these stressful situations.

Weather is warm and humid and I somehow got bit by bugs twice in the short periods I was outside my truck opening the doors and such. You can keep Texas, thanks.