Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In Lancaster for tomorrow's deliveries

I woke up at 3 AM this morning and got started early. The truck stop I was in last night had a rather large lot, not the largest I've been in but big. When I went to bed there was plenty of parking; early this morning there was none left. Kind of a secondhand type of truck stop as well: the parking lot had a lot of potholes, including several enormous ones in the way as you left the fuel island.

Made it to Lancaster by 11 AM. Took care of the laundry, went out and ate, then replenished the food on board. I have deliveries tomorrow morning at 5 AM, 8 AM and 11 AM, all within a 20 mile radius of Lancaster.

Coincidentally, my friend Bob got assigned a Michael's relay load so he's delivering up north at 6 AM, 8 AM and 10 AM. Good luck with that.

The lady at local dispatch here in Lancaster laughed at me when I asked if a local driver would care to take over the load. Welcome to my world.