Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sprint hates Limon, Colorado

I left the Budweiser plant yesterday afternoon with 44,000 lbs of suds in the back. I didn't have that many hours to run so I went south, skirted the northern edge of Denver, then out the I-70 to Limon where we have an authorized fuel stop. It was just getting dark when I pulled in, found a spot and wedged my trailer back into it.

Turns out Sprint hates Limon -- I got cell phone signal there, but no internet. That is the first time I've been able to call but not log on. Oh, and neither truck stop in Limon has Trip Pak boxes so I couldn't sent in my last Bill of Lading to HQ.

It was rather windy during the day and as night approached it got cold as well... when I got up this morning it was below freezing. For some reason my truck didn't want to start this morning but after some determined cranking it coughed to life and I let it warm up for a while. The price for not idling all night, I suppose.