Monday, April 9, 2007

Onward to Denver!

I got up at 5 AM central time to grab a shower and breakfast then plan my day. Since Denver is on mountain time I would have an extra hour to travel there. I decided to leave at 7 AM with an estimated travel time of about seven hours, putting me at my consignee at 1 PM mountain time for a 3 PM appointment.

It was cold and crisp when I left, but there was no rain for the entire trip. The back roads and state highways I took from Amarillo to I-25 were free of significant traffic, though there was a considerable amount of construction. I drove straight through and arrived 30 minutes after my projected time, and 90 minutes early. They assigned me a dock door and told me the next shift would start unloading after 3 PM.

It turns out the load was Dish Network satellite dishes that were put together in Mexico in the state of Jalisco, where I have lived, actually! I would have taken pictures but there wasn't much to see outside of this nondescript warehouse.