Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who is behind OTRjournal.com?

My name is Jim. I'm a 38 year old single guy who grew up in northern California. I spent two decades in the IT industry developing software and web sites for a wide variety of companies. I've lived and travelled all over the US -- indeed, before I began trucking I had already visited 46 of the 48 continental United States. Since I started trucking I've been through one of those (South Dakota) and now only North Dakota remains.

I've never been married and have no kids, so it is just me and the Vicious Attack Cat out here on the road together. Blaze is her name, and I've had her for more than 16 years now. She sleeps while I drive the truck during the day and guards it by night while I sleep. So long as the bandits aren't smart enough to bring along any treats for her, the truck and I are safe. She may look like a generic tabby, but those who have crossed her before know better.