Wednesday, March 21, 2007

42,792 Miles and Counting

In the three-and-a-half months since I started driving professionally I have covered 42,792 miles. I haven't kept close track, but I estimate I have been to 30 or so states in my big rig, and to or through any number of towns and cities. I spent the first 7,500 miles out on the road with my finisher, Rich, who has been driving for CFI for more than a decade. He showed me the ropes, polished off some rough edges (thanks for that backing setup!) and helped me transition to my own truck.

I started driving on the first of December, 2006 and got my own truck two weeks later. As I write this it is the latter half of March and this winter and its awful weather are almost over in most of the US. I've driven in all sorts of weather, and pulled it over a few times as well when conditions were unsafe to continue. I've been up in the Rocky Mountains over 11,000 feet and below sea level in Death Valley.