Sunday, February 10, 2008

Yo, the floor of my truck has frozen

Apparently, engineers at Kenworth decided it would be okay for the floor of a T-600 tractor like mine to freeze, even with the engine on and warm air coming out of the ductwork. It was mildly chilly this morning in Joplin at 24 degrees, but by the time I made it up near Chicago the outside air temperature was hovering around 2 degrees. Even with a pair of shoes and two pairs of socks on my feet were cold all day. Guess I need to get a pair of shoes with thicker soles.


View Larger Map

I'm at my (deserted) consignee backed in to one of their docks. They allegedly open at 0600 tomorrow morning. There is lots of snow piled up here and a system coming through ready to dump more tonight and tomorrow which will be loads of fun once I'm unloaded.