Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Why 2k

This morning I awoke at #2 on the board. Late in the morning (central time) I was beeped to grab an empty and take it to a nearby town to get loaded for Illinois. It is a nice 2,000 mile trip, and even nicer was the fact that there was a pre-loaded trailer waiting for me at the shipper so I was in and out fast.


View Larger Map

Neither trailer had its registration papers; not unusual for ones that come up from the border. I'm having the paperwork for the one I'm hauling faxed to me tomorrow morning.

I stopped at the Pilot in Avondale, Arizona to fuel up and regretted it as soon as I got off the freeway. That particular truck stop has way too much traffic around and through there and dropping in for a quick top-off was a mess. I was planning on taking a shower there, but after a long wait to get to the pumps and lots of CB Rambo types holding forth on the airwaves I decided to push on.

My trip was original scheduled to deliver this Saturday but apparently the factory doesn't work weekends, so it has been rescheduled to first thing Monday morning. I was paid for two days layover between the last load and this one and expect similar compensation after this load is delivered.