Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kansas City fun


View Larger Map

I arrived in Kansas City at 0700 and the last five miles into the city itself took almost 30 minutes. The traffic was absurd.

After an hour's wait, I was instructed to hurry up, quick quick, pick up a trailer here at the dropyard and run it across down (and into Kansas) about 15 miles away as the crow flies. Or 30 miles away as the only moving roads in the KC area lie. I arrived there in a reasonable amount of time, dropped off my new trailer, picked up yet another trailer... then was dispatched back to our yard across the river in Missouri. Whereupon I dropped the new (empty) trailer and am currently waiting on a loaded trailer to arrive here from one of the local drivers CFI has, after which I will be moving it down to Joplin.