Tuesday, December 25, 2007

911 miles to go...

Hopefully just a coincidence with the numerology there!

I treated myself this Christmas morning to no alarm clock, so I didn't get rolling until 3 AM or so instead of 1 AM, the earliest the Hours of Service rules would allow. It has been freezing every morning along this trip so far, but since there hasn't been any precipitation it really makes no difference. Since I have broadband internet out on the road, I use weather tools like this one to stay safe and plan my trips.

I arrived in Joplin around 0830 and the inspection bays were closed for the day! I trundled over to the fuel pumps, filled up and got the heck out of town (after getting my new IFTA sticker and other registration stuff for the new year).

Christmas lunch/dinner was at a rather busy Flying J restaurant a few hours down the road, and a celebratory shower.