Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Waiting for a GP

No, not a doctor, Georgia Pacific. I finished my first run this morning up in the Jacksonville area then moseyed down to Palatka, Florida for my other run to Illinois. Turns out they are backed up big time and it will be a few hours before my load is ready. By then I will be out of hours to run for the day so I'm going to take my break here and get at it first thing in the morning.

I had an exciting morning. After I got loaded I had to fuel, but the only place to do so was up near Jacksonville so I spent the better part of two hours watching my fuel gauge. Last time I was in Joplin they rotated my fuel tanks so the spouts weren't on top any more which solved the problem of the tanks showing empty after about 700 miles. It also created the problem of me not knowing exactly how far "empty" is any more, and whether or not the gauges are accurate now. My truck is happy to report that they are fairly accurate and I ran over 1,000 miles on this batch of fuel, to the tune of 150 gallons to fill it back up.

Along the way I got flashed not once but twice, and by women both times (for a change). This doesn't happen to me that often, so it makes for an interesting day sometimes. When men flash it makes for an interesting day as well, come to think of it... bleh.