Saturday, November 10, 2007

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure

I'm not sure what that means, just tossing it out there.

I've been going over the miles I've run in the past 85 days and here are some of the figures:

Total loads: 40
Total miles run: 31,129
Deadhead miles: 3,407 (10.94% of total)
Average trip length (inc. deadhead): 778 miles

So, the average trip spans two days, totals just under 800 miles with 80 or so miles of that being deadhead.

Out of those 40 trips, only two have been over 1,500 miles in length. Nine more have been at least 1,000 miles, so those eleven total trips represent roughly 25% of the trips that I have. Another way to put it is, about 75% of the time the trips I've run have been less than 1,000 miles.

My shortest eleven trips were between 158 and 424 miles, averaging around 300.

It seems to me these figures are more representative of regional work than true 48-state OTR. I've spent an enormous amount of time in the midwest and midsouth, a bunch more on the east coast, but nothing at all west of New Mexico or Colorado in this time period.