Friday, October 5, 2007

To be announced...

My alarm went off at 1 AM and I cursed the fool that set it that early until I realized that I needed to be moving that early in order to make my appointment in Depew, New York on time. Soon, I was rolling again and I made it to the consignee with an hour to spare, despite the glacial 55 MPH speed limit in Ohio and generous amounts of road construction in Pennsylvania.

I had a weird load pickup waiting as soon as I punched in the empty code; it looked like I was going about 10 miles away to pick up and deliver at the same facility! It actually means there is a load there but they have not yet told CFI the destination, or in this case, destinations. In the office parlance, it is a "TBA" or "To Be Announced" load.

As it turns out, I'm taking a heavy load of various types of copper to Nashville, Tennessee, then on to Lonoke, Arkansas.


View Larger Map

The copper itself is fairly compact and the warehouse guys used a ginormous amount of 2x6 boards nailed into the floor to keep everything in place. It is all loaded down the centerline of the trailer which, I discovered, makes for a trailer that really wants to tip over during turns.