Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Shafted, probably

Well, I got called up to the dispatch window around noon to take my pick of the loads available. Which consisted if a small number of in-state (Texas) loads and a solitary longer one to Vance, Alabama where I have delivered before.

The thing is, none of the loads had a long enough lead time for me to finish my 34 hour break so in effect I will be poor on hours at the end of this week which should pretty well screw up this weekend.

I drove the load up to the west side of Houston and will do most of the rest of the run tomorrow, starting early-early as normal to get through the area before traffic gets nasty.

The dispatcher did offer that there was a good chance that I would get a load back to Laredo from the same plant. To which I replied: "Oh goody, so I can get more wonderful loads like this out of here?"


View Larger Map