Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stopped for the day in Las Cruces, New Mexico

I arrived an hour early than my dispatched time this morning in Las Cruces at the back of a large furniture outlet center. After waiting an hour for the employees to show up, I moseyed around to the front and spoke with several of the managers. The one who was supposed to be receiving this shipment told me in no uncertain terms that they only take deliveries on Fridays at 7 AM. This being Thursday, there is a problem.

I called my fleet manager and she told me "Right, just what the dispatch said." I walked back to my truck and looked up the electronic log of my instructions on my satellite unit and it said to be here this morning at 0900 local time, just like I thought. This time, the response was something along the lines of "Oops, someone changed it and we told everyone but you."

So I'll be here for the day.